Patient and visitors bannerikuva
Patient and visitors Laboratory and X-ray
Please arrive at Puijo Hospital in good time for laboratory tests or at the ECG unit because it is recommended that you sit quietly for 10-15 minutes before any tests are taken. You can book an appointment online for lab tests. Customers without an appointment for the laboratory will be served in the order they arrive. Remember to take a queue number.
The laboratory is often busy from 7 to 9 a.m. so if possible do not come to the laboratory without an appointment during this period unless the procedure requires fasting or must be carried out at that particular time.
Instructions for laboratory customers
- If you have a Finnish Sickness Insurance (KELA) card, please have it ready to speed things up.
- In the case of procedures requiring fasting, please do not eat anything for at least 10 hours.
- Urine samples require that the urine has been in the bladder for at least four hours.
- Samples for thyroid tests (P-T4V, P-TSH) must be taken before 10 a.m. and before you take any medication.
- Avoid smoking, consumption of alcohol and physical exertion before any tests.
- At Puijo Hospital, imaging studies are conducted at five different locations.
- X-ray 1: radiographies, such as dental radiographies, ultrasound and fluoroscopy examinations and angiographies
- X-ray 2: CT, PET-CT and magnetic resonance imaging
- X-ray 3: scanning of children under 16
- Mammography: breast examinations and tests
- Emergency X-ray: emergency patients from the emergency care area and joint Emergency Department
- Diagnostic Imaging Center