Hearing and Balance Disorders
The Hearing and Balance Center treats patients who need examinations related to hearing and vertigo or hearing rehabilitation ordered by a doctor. A referral from a physician is necessary for the examinations. Patients with a hearing aid can contact the hearing and balance centre directly.
Hearing and Balance Center
- Performs hearing tests for children and adults
- Fits hearing aids for patients of different ages
- Examines and treats patients suffering from vertigo
- Manufactures and services hearing aid ear pieces
- Examines and provides rehabilitation for patients with a cochlear implant
- Plans surgical treatment related to the rehabilitation of hearing and other ear diseases
Most surgical procedures are performed on a day care basis, which means that the patient arrives at the hospital on the day of the operation. Adult patients needing inpatient care are treated at the Department of otorhinolaryngology, oral and maxillofacial diseases and phoniatrics, while child patients under the age of 16 are treated at the paediatric and adolescent ward.