Oral and Maxillofacial Diseases
Patients from all dental specialities are treated at the Oral and Maxillofacial Clinic. Patients are admitted to the clinic from hospital or based on a referral from basic health care. The Clinic has an experienced staff offering high-quality treatment and expert service.
Tasks of the Clinic include
- Oral and dental procedures for risk patients
- Diagnostics and treatment of oral mucosal diseases and developmental disorders of the jaws
- Treatment of oral and maxillofacial traumas
- Treatment of odontogenic infections
- Treatment and rehabilitation of oral cancer patients in close co-operation with ENT- and plastic surgery clinics
The Oral and Maxillofacial Clinic co-operates with the University of Eastern Finland in the provision of basic education and specialist training in dental medicine.