The patient fees of those belonging to the Finnish health care system are based on the Act and Decree on Customer Fees in Social Welfare and Health Care. For further information on patient fees for foreigners, please refer to the Treatment for Foreigners section.
- The outpatient clinic fee of EUR 41.20 is charged of patients 18 years or older in age and covers all procedures performed at the clinic and doctor's appointments. If the patient is admitted to the inpatient ward during the same visit, the outpatient clinic fee will not be charged. The fee will not be charged for psychiatric outpatient care, nor from war veterans.
- The day-surgery fee of EUR 135.10 is charged for a day-surgical procedure performed in an operating theatre requiring general anaesthesia, extensive local anaesthesia, or intravenous medication. The fee will not be charged from war veterans.
- Daily hospital fee for psychiatry, EUR 22.50.
- The daily hospital fee, EUR 48.90, is charged for all days in hospital. Once the annual ceiling for payments has been reached, the fee is EUR 22.50. If the patient is transferred directly to another hospital, the day of the transfer is not invoiced. In the case of patients under 18, the daily hospital fee will be collected for seven days per calendar year, after which the inpatient ward care is free of charge.
- A fee for serial treatment, EUR 11.40 per treatment time, will be collected for 45 treatment times per calendar year at most from all those at least 18 years of age. If the serial treatment is conducted in conjunction with an outpatient clinic visit, the serial treatment fee will be charged in addition to the outpatient clinic fee. If you are receiving serial treatments at a facility other than KUH, please notify our billing department. The serial treatment fee will not be charged from war veterans.
- Fee for rehabilitation treatment is EUR 16.90.
- Charge for a booked examination or appointment that has not been used/cancelled, EUR 50.80. A fee can be charged as set out in statute from a client 18 years or older in age.
- The charge for medical certificates and statements is EUR 50.80, while A-certificates required for a driving licence cost EUR 61.
- Fee for day or night care, EUR 22.50.